- enter your feature suggestion -

Support Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming to Flash clients

Make IIS Media Services a universal media delivery system by supporting Flash clients (using Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming) in addition to Apple HTTP Streaming and IIS Smooth Streaming

112 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lee AtkinsonLee Atkinson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • George BirbilisGeorge Birbilis commented  · 

I think Flash supports Smooth Streaming now with plugin by Microsoft Interoperability group for a popupal media player used with Flash

• Lee AtkinsonLee Atkinson commented  · 

Jeroen, as this is "IIS Media Services Features Suggestions", I don't think a suggestion for Flash player development is applicable. Having said that, I would like to see Flash support IIS Smooth Streaming - do you think it could be done reliably without the (unlikely) input of Adobe?

For me, IIS supporting Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming to Flash clients is more important as I am interested in server development - building server-side applications to handle, amongst other things, video. With the ability to stream to Flash, we do not have to build two server-side applications (one IIS, one FMS) nor do we need to impose on the client the required player (could be any of the 'standard' Silverlight or Flash players already available).

• Jeroen WijeringJeroen Wijering commented  · 

What about the other way around? Supporting Smooth Streaming in the Flash client should be easier than serving out F4F chunks. It's also nicer for network caching.

• Lee AtkinsonLee Atkinson commented  · 

Either CSMs wouldn't be supported, or ideally, it would 'flatten' it into a single f4M file

• Brandon PotterBrandon Potter commented  · 

How would this work for Composite Manifest support?

Feedback and Knowledge Base